AC Installation in Safety Harbor
Summer temperatures in Safety Harbor and throughout the Tampa Bay Area can be hot, really hot. And when your ac system is underperforming or fails during a scorching day, living in your home can become unbearable. Luckily, Burgess Heating & Air offers fast, reliable air conditioning installation services to restore your comfort…and your sanity.
Signs it May Be Time to Replace You Air Conditioner
There are several indicators it may time to replace your current HVAC system including:
- Age – The lifespan of a typical split system can range dramatically. Factors that play a role in your system’s longevity include the brand, how well it was installed, where it was installed, and how well it is/was maintained. This said, the average air conditioner needs to be replaced every 12-15 years.
- Frequent and costly repairs – If your system is breaking down often and the repairs are proving to be costly, it may be time to upgrade to a new system. This is especially the case if your system is older and no longer under warranty.
- Higher than normal utility bills – Your air conditioner usually consumes more energy than any other appliance, device or item in your home. Your energy bill should be consistent at similar outdoor temperatures. If this is not the case and your bill is noticeably higher, it could be a sign there is a issue with you system. As mentioned above, if repairs prove costly and your system is older, it may be time to invest in a new one.
- System runs constantly – It’s normal for your system to run longer on hotter days, however, an older system that runs non-stop could be nearing it’s end.
- Uneven heating and cooling throughout your home – If rooms in your home are cooler or warmer than others, it may be a ductwork issue. It could also be signs your system is losing it’s effectiveness and is ready for replacement.
Our Air Conditioner Installation Services
We understand that choosing a new AC system can be confusing and even stressful, that’s why the team at Burgess Heating & Air are ready to lead you through the replacement process so you can get back to focusing on more exciting and fulfilling summer activities. The advantages of choosing Burgess Heating & Air to upgrade you heating and cooling system also include:
- Professional installation by a licensed company – We have been installing AC units since 1989. Each member of our team is trained and experienced to install almost any brand of AC unit available on the market today.
- Quality products from reputable manufacturers – When you team up with Burgess, you’re not only working with award winning installation specialists, you’re also receiving the best AC unit brands and equipment on the market including Trane and Daikin. We steer clear of “off-market” brands and equipment so you can be confident your new system is among the most reputable and reliable in the industry.
- Competitive pricing and financing options – The thought of purchasing and installing a brand-new AC unit can seem…expensive. This said, getting a great air conditioning system at a great price is not impossible. One of our Comfort Specialists can provide options that meet your needs and that are competitively priced. Additionally, we can help find financing options to fit almost any budget.
- Emergency AC installation services – If you need a new AC unit fast, you can rely on the team at Burgess Heating & Air. From estimate to installation, our team can be extremely nimble while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
Types of AC Units Installed
No matter what type of AC unit you need, our team has the expertise and experience to install it efficiently and properly.
Central Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems – These are traditional split HVAC systems that use air ducts to distribute cool and warm air throughout your property. They consist of an outside condenser and an air handler inside, in your garage or in your attic.
Ductless Systems – Just as the name implies, this HVAC system does not use ductwork to cool or heat up your property. Instead, small air distributors are installed in each room to heat or cool them individually. This reduces energy consumption and can even reduce energy bills.
What Size HVAC System Do I Need?
Choosing the right size air conditioner for your home can be daunting as there are several factors that directly affect the performance, efficiency, and cost. A heating and cooling system that is too small can leave your home feeling clammy and uncomfortable. A unit that is too large will cycle on and off frequently, wasting energy and costing you more on monthly bills.
As a general rule, you can divide the square footage of your home by 600 to get the approximate tonnage needed. However, other factors will affect the sizing including:
- Age of home
- Number of windows
- Room sizes
- Average climate
- Building insulation
Call the team at Burgess Heating & Air to assist you in finding the best fit for your home today!